Metal Roofs From a Dallas Roofer
Quite simply put, metal roofing is a building covering comprised or metal pieces or tiles; the covering is to protect the building. If you are in the Dallas-Fort Worth TX area, metal roofers are just a phone call away.
Some of the advantages of metal roofing is that is it very durable in cold weather. Metal roofs are also comprised of a high percentage of recycled material and are also 100 percent recyclable. As with advantages, there are also disadvantages to metal roofs such as rusting may occur as well as high heat conductivity of metals, such as copper and aluminum; this requires careful incorporation of insulation into the roof structure. A metal roofer in Dallas TX is very experienced in regular maintenance to prevent corrosion and how to insulate the roof properly to help prevent high heat conductivity.
There are many different types of metal materials that the roofs can be made from. Your local metal roofer in Dallas TX can help you to choose what is right for you; however to give you an idea, here is a list of those materials:
• Corrugated galvanized steel
• Blend of zinc, aluminum and silicon-coated steel. This is sold under trade names such as Zincalume or Galvalume.
• Metal tile sheets that are usually painted or stone-coated steel.
• Stainless steel which is available for harsh conditions as well as used for a distinctive design element and it is roll-formed or in shingles.
• Copper which offers corrosion resistance, durability, longevity, low maintenance, radio frequency shielding. lightening protection and sustainability benefits. Copper today is used in many roofing situations and on many buildings.
• Stone coated steel panels made from zinc/aluminum-coated steel with acrylic gel coating.
• Lead and this is often used for church roofs and porches
Your metal roofer in the Dallas-Fort Worth TX area can best advise you of the type of roof and material based on your personal needs.
Coatings are needed for roofs as well; without them, untreated metal roofs absorb and retain heat which causes high building heat loads. There are different coatings available such as anti-rust, water-proofing and heat reflective. These coatings are made of materials such as ceramic and epoxy. Your metal roofer in Dallas TX can let you know options for coating your roof if you need a coating.
Maintenance for metal roofs is fairly easy for a good metal roofer in Dallas-Fort Worth TX to do. A metal roof graded AG or Utility will need to be re-coated once the factory finish wears off to prevent corrosion. It is better to use a roof coating as it is able to withstand the cycle of temperatures that occur in metal roofs. A roof that is made from stainless steel, zinc or copper rarely requires maintenance over its lifetime and if there is maintenance, then it is usually due to design or installation mistakes. Normally these types of roofs can last over a century. Metal roofs that are coated with long life polymer coatings do not normally require maintenance until the coating fails. This kind of coating should be considered a lifetime product.
Your metal roofer in Dallas TX can answer all your questions and help you to choose the product and service that will best meet your needs.